Author: Latest Chika TEAM

Latest Chika is PSN and Philippine STAR's online entertainment hub | Your one stop shop for the latest showbiz news, trending, viral stories, and more!

“Jukebox queen” Claire dela Fuente passed away Tuesday morning due to “cardiac arrest”. The veteran singer died at a hospital where she was confined after testing positive for COVID-19 last week, her son confirmed in an interview. She was 63. “She was COVID positive and diagnosed last week. I myself am also COVID positive but showing no symptoms that’s why I couldn’t be beside her. She was supposed to turn 64 this year,” Dela Fuente’s son Gregorio “Gigo” de Guzman told ABS-CBN’s MJ Felipe. De Guzman, who turned emotional during the interview, shared that he was still able to talk…

Read More

Beks Battalion, the group of comedians Lassy Marquez, MC Calaquian and Chad Kinis, has put vlogging on hold following a “COVID-19 outbreak” in their home.  On his own YouTube channel, Chad explained that the vlogging trio Beks Battalion, as well as the affiliated vlog Beks Friends, have been inactive and not posting any content after some of them tested positive for COVID-19.  The comedians and other friends have been living in one house since the pandemic to be able to sustain their channel — a source of income especially after the shutdown of comedy bars. Chad said that while they…

Read More

Bianca Gonzalez vowed to be her husband JC Intal’s “No. 1 cheerleader forever” after he announced his retirement from professional basketball. On Sunday night, March 22, the Phoenix Super LPG forward took to Instagram to share that he was officially hanging up his jersey “after two decades of playing the sport I love, 13 years of which in the PBA.” In a touching post on Instagram on Monday, March 23, Bianca expressed how proud she is to have been part of JC’s 20-year sports journey. They have been a couple for 11 years and six years married. “I may not have…

Read More

Angeli Pangilinan has revealed that she’s currently in isolation after testing positive for COVID-19. She also asked for prayers that husband Gary Valenciano, given his history of health issues, will be spared from the virus. In an Instagram post, the talent manager shared that after decades of being married to the veteran singer, who has had different health challenges over their course of their relationship, Angeli has come to accept that this is another trial that they have to overcome together. “Guess why I posted this? Here I am isolated because I am Covid positive. I should be afraid right?…

Read More

Andrea Torres in definitely looking like the “belle of the ball” in a Bridgerton-inspired photoshoot to celebrate the International Women’s Month. On Thursday, the 30-year-old actress shared some photos where she channelled the classy debutanté look from the hit Netflix series, with a backdrop styled in the “trappings of the early 1800s — the opulent and romantic Regency Era.” Andrea said that the primary influence of the shoot was “derived from the female protagonists’ strength,” while quoting a powerful line by the female lead character Daphne Bridgerton: “You think that just because I am a woman, I am incapable of…

Read More

Pia Wurtzbach has been regarded by fans as a strong and independent woman, but she recently shared how she once lost herself in a relationship. In a recent episode of her Spotify podcast Between Us Queens about crazy breakup stories, Pia admitted that she was a very different person before she joined the pageantry world, especially when it came to handling romantic relationships. In her conversation with fellow beauty queens Carla Lizardo and Bianca Guidotti, the 31-year-old particularly recalled one relationship where she was “very submissive” to the point she always deferred to her boyfriend’s wishes. She wouldn’t speak out…

Read More

Maja Salvador has announced her decision to establish her own artist management company and personally handle her career. Calling it a new chapter in her life, the 32-year-old actress said on Tuesday that self-managing is the best move for her at this time. “Ako po ay sobrang excited sa bagong yugto ng aking career at makita kung saan ako nito dadalhin. Sa aking pagpapatuloy dito sa industriya, I think the best move for me now is to manage myself.” She believes that to be able to do it successfully, she needed to start her own talent management outfit. “At para…

Read More

In a most recent vlog, Vice Ganda had a heart-to-heart talk with his mother, Rosario Viceral, about how they overcame past family struggles. Nanay Rosario also got candid about her wishes for her comedian son amid his showbiz success. “‘Yung totoo, gusto mo magka-apo sa akin?” Vice asked his Nanay Rosario. She answered that she indeed wants to have a grandchild from Vice. “Gusto ko nga, anak, kasi iniisip ko sayang ‘tong mga ipinundar mo anak na walang mag-mamana.” “Talagang taga pag-mana yung iniisip mo?” Vice laughingly reacted. “Oo, kasi sa kanino mapupunta ‘to? Kami naman ay patanda na. Maliban dun sa…

Read More

Eleven members of the Manila City Council and Vice Mayor Honey Lacuna approved Friday a resolution endorsing veteran actress and Batangas Rep. Vilma Santos-Recto to the Order of National Artist Award for film and broadcast. The National Artist Award is the highest national honor given to Filipinos who have made distinct contributions in the field of arts and letters.  According to a STAR report, councilors Pamela Fugoso-Pascual and Johanna Maureen Nieto-Rodriguez, the principal authors of Resolution 53, Series of 2021, cited Santos-Recto’s track records in the film sector and in public service in their endorsement. “Santos-Recto is not only one…

Read More

Heaven Peralejo has cried foul after being tagged as the third party in Kiko Estrada and Devon Seron’s rumored breakup. The actress’ mother, on the other hand, is seeking a public apology from those “spreading falsehoods” against her daughter. “I should not have been dragged into the personal issue between Devon Seron and Kiko Estrada. However, I will not stay silent about it especially after being harshly accused of something I didn’t and would never do,” the 21-year-old actress broke her silence in an Instagram story on Friday, March 12. “To set things straight. I am not in any way…

Read More