“Jukebox King” Victor Wood died on Friday due to COVID-19-related complications.
An ABS-CBN News report said that the singer passed away at 9 in the morning at a Quezon City hospital where he was rushed two days ago because of asthma. He was 75 years old.
Victor rose to fame in the ’70s for his songs In Despair, Fraulein, Mr. Lonely, I’m Sorry My Love, Eternally, Carmelita, among others.
His biopic, Jukebox King: The Life Story of Victor Wood, was supposed to be released this year.
The film’s director Carlo Ortega Cuevas paid tribute to the veteran singer in a social media post.
“Mapalad ako dahil bago sya pinagpahinga ng Diyos ay narinig ko sa kanya mismo ang isang kwentong ngayon ay isa ng kasaysayan. Mahaba at makabuluhang usapan tungkol sa buhay, kasikatan, pagbagsak, pagbangon, pagtingala…at pagpanaw.
“Isang karangalan na mapalapit sa kanya sa huling taon ng kanyang buhay. Ang mga karanasan nya ay nag iwan sa akin ng aral na babaunin ko hanggang sa pagtanda.”
- Jeric Raval reacts to daughter’s sexy get-up in carwash vlog
- Girlfriend reveal? Fans gush after Dominic Roque shares back hug photo with Bea Alonzo
- SB19’s Stell to collaborate with Here’s Your Perfect singer Jamie Miller?
- Julia Barretto back on YouTube after getting Gold Play Button
- SB19 shows artistic growth, love for fans in Pagsibol EP
- RK Bagatsing says Jane Oineza is ‘everything I need’