Paolo Contis said he felt relieved after speaking up on his controversial breakup with ex-girlfriend LJ Reyes.
In a recent vlog on his showbiz update YouTube channel, comedian and talent manager Ogie Diaz shared that he had a chance to ask Paolo how he felt after breaking his silence over the controversies surrounding the split.
“Sabi niya sa akin, ‘I felt relieved, kasi alam kong may kasalanan ako at sinabi ‘yung kasalanan ko. Tao lang naman ako, Mama Og, nagkakamali ako. Sinadya man ito o hindi, nagkamali ako,’” Ogie quoted Paolo as saying.
Paolo earlier released last September 8 a lengthy statement where he addressed speculations raised after his LJ Reyes’ tell-all in an interview with Boy Abunda.
The 37-year-old offered his apologies to LJ and her children Aki and Summer and other people whom he said shouldn’t have gotten involved in the issue.
Paolo, who was in a relationship with LJ for six years, owned up to his mistakes and did not deny the infidelity accusations.
He, however, defended A Faraway Land co-star Yen Santos from third party allegations, stressing that she was not the cause of the breakup.
The two previously made a buzz after they were spotted hanging out together in Baguio amid the controversy.
Meanwhile, Kim Atienza or Kuya Kim and Giselle Sanchez left some advice for Paolo amid the controversies.