The wedding banns at a Catholic church in Manila inadvertently confirmed that actress Bea Alonzo and businessman Ferdinand Vincent Co are preparing to walk down the aisle. On March 8, marriage banns announcing the couple’s upcoming union were streamed during the online Mass of St. Peter the Apostle Parish. In Catholic tradition, these notices are made by the parish to formally announce an impending wedding and allow anyone with potential objections to come forward before the ceremony. The banns mentioned the couple under their full names — “Ferdinand Vincent Pe Co” as the groom and “Phylbert Angelli Escalante Ranollo,” which…
Author: Nathalie Tomada
Netflix’s Kingdom: Ashin of the North officially wrapped up filming and released teaser photos from the spinoff set to air before the zombie period series’ Season 3. During the See What’s Next Korea 2021 virtual presscon on Thursday, February 25, the director and writer behind the megahit Netflix original series shared more details about what to expect in the “side sequel” starring Korean superstar Jun Ji-hyun as Ashin. To recall, Ashin was the mysterious character introduced in the final episode of Kingdom’s second season aired last year. According to Kingdom writer Kim Eun-hee, Ashin will shed light on the legend…
Philippine telco giant Smart has a “more kilig” Part 2 of its Valentine’s commercial featuring Crash Landing On You stars Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin — and it’s coming soon! In a virtual presscon Monday, February 22, the telco dropped more details about the “casting coup” of having the K-drama power couple not only reunite onscreen, but also star in their first commercial together following their launch as brand endorsers in 2020. Smart also bared plans of having Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin, also known as BinJin, meet their Filipino fans this year. A culmination of a trilogy…
Rica Peralejo-Bonifacio decided to answer “craziest” questions about her showbiz past, including celebs romantically linked to her, from Bernard Palanca, a TGIS co-star, to the “most asked about” Piolo Pascual. In a vlog released on Friday, February 19, on her YouTube channel, the former Kapamilya star finally got to clarify old rumors about her and Piolo Pascual. “Naging kayo ba talaga ni Papa P (Piolo Pascual) at dumating ba sa point na nag-propose siya sa ‘yo?” read at least half of the questions she received from her followers. “Hindi ito pa safe ha. Yes and no. Yes, in the sense…
A three-year-old boy in Catigbian, Bohol shocked his relatives after they ended up paying for dream toys he ordered online that amounted to more than P4,000. According to his uncle Marloue Napiñas Mahumot, his nephew Nathan Pana ordered on Shopee a rechargeable toy motorcycle and toy backhoe with pedal using his grand mother’s cellphone. “Dugay ra jud niya na pangandoy makapalit ug sakay-sakay, police car nga sakay-sakay, kaso di mi ka-afford…hehe! (He has long dreamt of riding toy cars, a toy police car, but we couldn’t afford to buy one… hehe!),” Marloue said in Bol-anon in an interview with STAR’s…
Matteo Guidicelli shared that after nine months of being married to Sarah Geronimo, he discovered that besides performing, there’s another talent his pop star wife is “very, very good” at. When asked in a recent interview on what new things he found out about Sarah, the 30-year-old actor-athlete said, “Magaling siya mag-bake. Sobrang galing niya mag-bake. Sobrang talented at lahat ng mga binebake niya dito (sa bahay), masarap lahat!” Matteo has been proudly giving followers a glimpse of his wife’s cake-making skills on his Instagram, prompting the question if the couple has any plans of turning it into a business.…
This policeman from Cavite simply asked for a photo with his idol Manny Pacquiao, but got the surprise of his life when the boxing icon-turned-senator gifted him with cash. Police corporal Carlo Romero, a member of the Cavite Provincial Police Office’s Operations and Management Unit, was assigned to an event last November 27 where Pacquiao gave out cash, medicine and groceries to indigent residents in Dasmariñas City. After the gift-giving program was over, he took the opportunity to approach Pacquiao because he also wanted to have a souvenir photo with him. But to his shock, Pacman gave the remaining cash…
Angel Locsin has responded to the Department of Education’s statement apologizing over a teacher’s module that went viral online for “body-shaming” the actress. On Friday, DepEd Occidental Mindoro, which has jurisdiction over the teacher bashed by fans for calling Angel “an obese person” in a physical education learning material, said they don’t tolerate or condone any act of body shaming. Part of the module widely circulated on social media read (published as is): “SITUATION. Angel Locsin is an obese person. She, together with Coco Martin, eats fatty and sweet food in MANG INASAL fast food restaurant most of the time.…
Alden Richards revealed his experiences of witnessing exorcism, including one performed on a fan who had “demonic possession.” “Actually, tatlong beses na po. Dalawang beses sa bahay at isang beses sa tao. Yung unang beses po, yung bahay namin sa Laguna,” the Eat Bulaga host said as he became one of the “guests” on the noontime show’s Bawal Judgemental segment on Saturday. The episode had guested people who had seen an actual exorcism and encountered other paranormal events. “Kasi nung kumuha po ako ng bahay para sa amin, nakuha ko po yung property na may nakatayo na bahay dati. Tapos…
A contestant on Eat Bulaga’s Bawal Judgmental segment on Tuesday revealed that he is the beneficiary of the late actor AJ Perez’s cornea. During Tuesday’s episode featuring organ donors and recipients, 17-year-old John Daniel delos Santos of Quezon City said that he was eight years old when he received the sight-saving cornea transplant. “Nung one and half months old po ako, nagka-sugat po ako sa mata. Di ko po alam kung ano po cause nun. Siguro daw po alikabok or baka daw nakalmot ko ng kuko ko,” John Daniel recalled his condition prior to his operation to hosts Maine Mendoza…