Even amidst the pandemic, the annual Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF) is keeping the ball rolling.
On Tuesday, the Metro Manila Development Authority (MMDA) unveiled the full list of entries for this year’s event.
Here are the films you should look out for:
- Magikland, a fantasy adventure film which was produced by the late veteran filmmaker Peque Gallaga.
- Coming Home, a family drama film starring Sylvia Sanchez and Jinggoy Estrada.
- The Missing, the festival’s only horror film starring Ritz Azul and Miles Ocampo.
- Tagpuan by McArthur Alejandre. The romance-drama film will star Shaina Magdayao, Iza Calzado and Alfred Vargas.
- Isa Pang Bahaghari by Joel C. Lamangan, starring veteran stars Nora Aunor and Phillip Salvador.
- Mang Kepweng: Ang Lihim ng Bandanang Itim, an adventure-fantasy film starring Barbie Imperial and Vhong Navarro.
- Pakboys Takusa by Al Tantay is starring Janno Gibbs, Andrew E., Dennis Padilla and Jerald Napoles.
- The Boy Foretold by the Stars is a romantic comedy starring Adrian Lindayag and Omar Sortiljas.
- Fan Girl by Antoinette Jadaone is topbilled by Paulo Avelino and Charlie Dizon.
- Suarez the Healing Priest is a biopic on the late Fr. Fernando Suarez starring John Arcilla.
With the COVID-19 pandemic still in sight, this year’s festival will be celebrated online via the new Philippine streaming service Upstream.
MMDA’s chairman Danilo Lim earlier said that the film’s digital screening aspires to sustain the Filipinos’ spirit of watching locally made films during the Christmas season.
“This year, we are bringing the MMFF tradition in every Filipino home not just here in the country but all over the world via digital screening for the first time,” he said.
MMFF 2020 opens on Christmas day, Dec. 25.