The official entries for this year’s Metro Manila Film Festival are out. These films will be available in cinemas starting on Christmas Day, December 25.
In a Facebook post on Thursday, the MMFF committee revealed the four finished films joining the four other previously announced entries in July.
According to the MMFF selection committee headed by Boots Anson-Rodrigo the eight entries were deliberately chosen based on Artistic Excellence (40%), Commercial Appeal (40%), Filipino Cultural Values (10%) and Global Appeal (10%).
The official lineup for MMFF 2022 is as follow:
- DELETER by Viva Communications, Inc.
- FAMILY MATTERS by Cineko Productions, Inc.
- MAMASAPANO NOW IT CAN BE TOLD by Borracho Film Production
- MY FATHER, MYSELF by 3:16 Media Network
- LABYU WITH AN ACCENT by ABS-CBN Film Productions
- NANAHIMIK ANG GABI by Rein Entertainment Productions
- PARTNERS IN CRIME by ABS-CBN Film Productions
- MY TEACHER by TEN17P
With the theme “Balik Saya”, the 48th MMFF will run from December 25 to January 7 in theaters nationwide.
MMFF and Metropolitan Manila Development Authority Concurrent Acting Chairman Engr. Carlo Dimayuga III also urged moviegoers to support the upcoming Christmas film festival.
“Let us watch the MMFF in theaters once more. We are happy with the list of entries, which has a wide mix of genres. We are excited and looking forward to MMFF 2022 becoming a success,” said Dimayuga.
Quezon City is set to host the Parade of the Stars while the Gabi ng Parangal happens on December 27.