Brightlight Productions has secured blocktime slots with broadcast network TV5 which means that some Kapamilya stars will soon be on television once again.
A report from ABS-CBN News said the Manny Pangilinan-led network aims to reawaken Filipino TV viewing habits.
The TV5 chairman earlier told The STAR that the network would need more talents, creatives, directors, scriptwriters, among others, as it beefs up its entertainment content creation.
Brighlight Productions president and CEO Albee Benitez was reported to have disclosed to ABS-CBN the roster of new Kapatid programs that will feature Kapamilya celebrities.
Here’s the line-up for the anticipated Kapatid shows:
- Laugh Out Loud featuring Billy Crawford, Alex Gonzaga, K Brosas and Wacky Kiray
- Rated Korina hosted by Korina Sanchez
- Oh My Dad starring Ian Veneracion, Dimples Romana, Sue Ramirez, Ariel Urieta, and Gloria Diaz
- Sunday Noontime Variety Show with Piolo Pascual and Catriona Gray
- I Got You starring Beauty Gonzales, RK Bagatsing and Yen Santos
- Sunday Kada Kada Sunday directed by Edgar Mortiz
The Kapatid network has already brought in several ABS-CBN artists to their turf, but mainly for special appearances in their programs.
In July, Congress denied ABS-CBN’s franchise renewal to operate its free TV and radio stations once again.
The broadcast giant began implementing its retrenchment program covering the company and its subsidiaries on August 31.