Maine Mendoza’s mother seeks NBI’s help over ‘scandal’ video

-

Maine Mendoza’s mother Mary Ann has now sought the help of the National Bureau Investigation’s (NBI) cybercrime division after a scandalous video using her daughter’s face circulated online. The TV host/actress herself had earlier denied being the woman in the video.

In a video by ABS-CBN News, Mary Ann also denied Maine’s involvement in the alleged sex video. 

“Hindi siya makatarungan. Lumagay man kayo sa amin bilang magulang siguro maramdaman niyo yung sakit na nararamdaman naming mga pamilya niya,” said Mary Ann, who became emotional in the TV interview.

Maine’s management, All Access to Artists, Inc., previously confirmed that the said video circulating online was digitally manipulated using deepfake technology.  

“Ms. Mendoza is not involved in the said video and neither does she participate in the making of pornographic and other explicit materials,” said a statement shared by All Access to Artists boss Rams David on Twitter.  

They warned the public that they will not hesitate to take legal action on those who will post, share or continue the circulation of the video.  

On December 22, Maine discovered the existence of the fake video after a fan called her attention. She immediately denied her involvement.  

“Wtf???? Sobrang kamukha ko kinilabutan ako pero hindi ako to,” she said.  

Rossane Ramos
Rossane Ramos
Rossane lives off of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, astrology and art. Crazy cat lady in another life.

Must Read