JM de Guzman finally explained why he’s been single for five long years now.
In an interview with the King of Talk Boy Abunda, the actor spoke candidly about his decision to stay single.
“Gusto ko munang pahalagahan ito na binigay sa akin at maging okay na tao,” the Init sa Magdamag star said.
Before diving into a steady relationship, JM said he wants to build his dream house for his future family first.
The actor’s last known relationship was with Jessy Mendiola who is now married to Luis Manzano.
When asked if he’s afraid of committing to a person once again after his major heartbreaks, JM admitted that he now wants to be in a relationship.
“Takot pero di ko na ma-deny yung feeling na gusto ko na rin. Gusto ko na mag-commit, gusto ko na ng relasyon,” he said.
Early April, rumors of JM and his longtime friend Arci Muñoz’s possible romance were ignited when the two traveled to Boracay with the latter’s family.
In a vlog, the two friends made their fans extra kilig when JM jokingly asked Arci if he could court her.
“Matagal na tayo mag-bestfriends pero… pwede ba manligaw?” he said in front of Arci’s family who cheered behind them.
It turned out his romantic gesture was done to make way for Arci’s brother Manolet’s wedding proposal for his girlfriend.
In a recent interview, Arci explained that it was JM’s idea to hand her the ring and flowers during the now-viral dating prank, adding that “we are still best friends. Best friends forever.”
- Gladys Reyes picks Kathryn Bernardo as actress she wants to ‘slap’: ‘Parang ang sarap-sarap niyang apihin’
- Paolo Contis bares mother’s struggles with stroke and memory loss
- Evan Nelle shares a hug with Kitty Duterte after UAAP basketball win
- Vannesa Hudgens gets married to Cole Tucker
- Vice Ganda slams netizen’s claims about ‘breadwinner’ celebrities: ‘Never umasa sa’kin ang nanay ko’
- Daniel Padilla brings holiday surprise to orphans, children with cancer