Two days after announcing the death of YouTube star Lloyd Cadena, his family bared more details regarding the vlogger’s last days before passing away at the age of 26.
In a statement on the Lloyd Cafe Cadena Facebook page on Sunday, the family first thanked the outpouring of support and sympathy after the shocking news of his untimely demise.
“There are simply no words to express our heartfelt thanks for the prayers and sympathy you have extended to our family during this time of loss,” they said.
The Cadena family also addressed speculations regarding the cause of his death, saying Lloyd tested positive for COVID-19 and suffered a heart attack.
“Lloyd was confined in the hospital on September 1 due to high fever and dry cough. He was tested for COVID-19 on the same day which the result came out positive on September 3.
“As soon as the result of his swab test came out, our family, including BNT immediately isolated themselves. His vitals were okay and had no complaints,” they said.
However, on September 4, Friday, at 5 in the morning, “he was seen by the staff unresponsive and pale looking. As informed by the doctor, he suffered a heart attack while asleep.”
The family added that he was cremated on Saturday and his remains are at their house in Cavite “in the meantime”.
They will also welcome “all expressions of sympathy, including flowers and cards are welcome. You may send them to our address at #14 Scarah, Kaingin Rd., Brgy. Sto. Niño, Parañaque City.”
On Friday, the family confirmed his passing in a short statement that also asked for “prayers, respect and privacy.”
His father earlier on Sunday appealed to the public to stop asking the cause of Lloyd’s death and allow his family to grieve in private.
One of Lloyd’s last social media posts just before he died was a tweet that fans took to mean as a hint of what he was already going through. He wrote: “11:11 Healing for Everyone!”