Cup of Joe postpones ‘Stardust’ shows in Davao, Cagayan de Oro due to ‘unforeseen schedule conflicts’

-

OPM band Cup of Joe announced that their upcoming “Stardust” tour stops in Davao and Cagayan de Oro will no longer push through on their original dates.

The announcement was made on Sunday, May 17, through concert promoter CNCA Media’s official social media pages.

“Due to unforeseen schedule conflicts, the Davao and Cagayan de Oro legs of the STARDUST Tour will be postponed. We know many of you have already made plans, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may cause,” the statement read.

The band said the Cagayan de Oro concert, which was originally slated for June 13, has been rescheduled to Sept. 12, at 8 PM at the Limketkai Atrium, adding that previously purchased tickets will remain valid for the new date.

Meanwhile, the updated date for the Davao leg, originally scheduled on May 30, has yet to be finalized.

“We promise to share confirmed details as soon as possible, so please stay tuned to our official pages for updates. Thank you so much for your patience and continued love for STARDUST. We can’t wait to see and sing with you all soon,” the group added.

Although the band cited “unforeseen schedule conflicts” as the reason for the postponement, some netizens speculated that the decision may have been influenced by recent online backlash involving the band’s vocalist, Gian Bernardino.

The controversy stemmed from a social media post shared by OPM artist Wency Cornejo, who suggested that the band’s scheduled Davao concert could struggle to attract an audience following Bernardino’s remarks that allegedly offended supporters of former president Rodrigo Duterte and his daughter, Vice President Sara Duterte.

In a Facebook post, Cornejo wrote, “Sino kaya producer ng show ng Cup Of Joe sa Davao? Naku mag isip isip ka na…” warning that the concert may not perform well in Davao City, known as a stronghold of Duterte supporters.

The issue reportedly began during the band’s recent interview with the Philippine STAR for their concert, where members were asked who among them was “most likely to survive a zombie apocalypse.”

In the segment, Gian pointed to himself and said, “Duh, ‘di nila hinahabol ang mga bobo.”

He later shared a screenshot of the moment on Facebook with the caption, “Swerte ng mga DDS kung sakali,” fueled by his comment “Sara marked safe”, which sparked criticism online from some Duterte supporters, or DDS (Duterte Diehard Supporters).

Despite the backlash, Cornejo clarified in a separate post that he enjoys the band’s music and was merely pointing out the possible impact of the controversy on the Davao concert.

“Don’t get me wrong, I like their music. I dont care about their politics but the reality is the chances of the show tanking is extremely high now that the vocalist has disrespected the entire city,” Cornejo wrote.

Meanwhile, Cup of Joe is set to make history as the first OPM act to hold a solo concert at the Philippine Sports Stadium with “SANDALI: The Cup of Joe Fest” happening on May 23, 2026.

Patricia Dela Roca
Patricia Dela Roca
Patricia Dela Roca is a content producer with nerdy tendencies. She tends to lose herself in writing, films, fictional novels, video games, and in her Kpop bias' eyes.

Latest

YOU MAY LIKE