Megan Young opened up about why she decided to have a change in her fitness routine and mindset.
Posting a throwback photo of her in 2019, the former Miss World shared that achieving her “summer body goals” back then meant having a strict diet accompanied by regular exercise.
“I probably achieved my ‘summer body goals’ back then but the journey to get there was tough because of dieting and long hours at the gym. Hindi ako masaya sa food ko noon — ang konti at halos walang lasa ?,” said Megan in an Instagram post.
But now, Megan said, she has learned to focus on having a healthier body over a perfect one, and not deprive herself of what her body needs.
“I’m not aiming for the ‘perfect body’ but I’m aiming to have a healthier one. I’m eating better — may lasa na ang food and we’re eating mostly pescatarian (with the weekly burger ?).”
“I’m listening to my body more and resting when I need to. And at the end of the day, I try not to be too hard on myself,” she added.
Megan, who’s married to fellow Kapuso star Mikael Daez, previously mentioned that they had set up their own gym at home to keep up with their fitness goals while they’re staying indoors during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Sharon Cuneta: ‘Going through so much, please pray for me’
- YouTuber Junnie Boy reacts to ‘resemblance’ to Pinoy Olympic vaulter EJ Obiena
- Marjorie Barretto shares proud moment of kids Claudia and Leon registering to vote
- Celebrities cheer for Nesthy Petecio’s silver medal win at Tokyo Olympics
- Ruffa Gutierrez advises her daughter Lorin to savor her youth
- Juancho Triviño reveals working in BPO company at height of pandemic