SB19 has just become the first-ever Filipino act to earn a nomination at the Billboard Music Awards!
The P-pop boy band was announced as one of the finalists in the BBMA’s Top Social Artist category during Billboard’s The Live List livestream on YouTube Thursday night.
The group composed of Pablo, Josh, Justin, Ken and Stell are nominated alongside pop singer Ariana Grande and K-pop groups Blackpink, BTS and Seventeen.
The fan-voted Top Social Artist category is awarded based on major fan interactions such as music streaming and social engagement, as well as global online voting.
SB19 was quick to share their message of thanks to its fans, also known as A’TIN, on social media.
“We are so grateful for your love and support. We wouldn’t have come this far without all of you. A’TIN ‘TO,” wrote the group in a tweet.
The quintet, who was voted as the only Filipino in Billboard’s top Social 50 artists of 2020, released their hit single What? last March, which now has more than eight million views on YouTube.
- LOOK: KathNiel and friends spend weekend before lockdown at restored mansion
- Diego Loyzaga calls Barbie Imperial ‘love of my life’ in mushy birthday message
- Raymond Gutierrez responds to netizens saying ‘we knew’ after he came out as gay
- Rachel Peters shares ‘bump explosion’ photos
- Jake Cuenca mourns death of grand uncle Manoling Morato
- LOOK: Nestea shows support for Nesthy Petecio