It’s Yam Concepcion’s time to shine now.
After 10 years, Yam finally achieved one of her dreams as an actress — landing a lead role.
In an interview with the King of Talk Boy Abunda, the Init sa Magdamag star said she’s still in disbelief that she was given this big role after a decade of waiting.
“I’m still in disbelief that I was given this role because I also waited for 10 years to actually get a lead role. So parang, ‘Wow! Okay it’s finally happening.’ It’s such a great feeling,” she said.
At first, the actress admitted that she was hesitant to play Rita in Init sa Magdamag but thankfully, her boyfriend Miguel Cuunjieng encouraged her to take on the role she “deserved.”
When asked about her two leading men in the show Gerald Anderson and JM dela Cruz, she answered: “Si Gerald, he’s such a gentleman. Si JM, sakto lang but he’s such a generous actor kahit walang camera sa kanya nagbibigay talaga siya.”
Watch her interview here:
Landing a lead role was not the only dream Yam fulfilled with the sexy drama.
In a 2012 interview still with Boy Abunda, Yam, still a newcomer at the time, said she wanted her leading man to be Gerald Anderson.
“I think he’s really talented and he’s very good-looking,” she explained.
- ‘Another year of wisdom’: Kylie Verzosa marks 31st birthday
- Moira dela Torre thanks fans for successful, sold-out concert
- ‘Di ko talaga gusto’: Marjorie Barretto doesn’t want son Leon to be an artista
- Joaquin Domagoso admits fear over being ‘batang ama’
- Derek Ramsay blasts basher of two-year romance with Ellen Adarna
- Katarina Rodriguez gives birth to second child with Niño Barbers