It’s Yam Concepcion’s time to shine now.
After 10 years, Yam finally achieved one of her dreams as an actress — landing a lead role.
In an interview with the King of Talk Boy Abunda, the Init sa Magdamag star said she’s still in disbelief that she was given this big role after a decade of waiting.
“I’m still in disbelief that I was given this role because I also waited for 10 years to actually get a lead role. So parang, ‘Wow! Okay it’s finally happening.’ It’s such a great feeling,” she said.
At first, the actress admitted that she was hesitant to play Rita in Init sa Magdamag but thankfully, her boyfriend Miguel Cuunjieng encouraged her to take on the role she “deserved.”
When asked about her two leading men in the show Gerald Anderson and JM dela Cruz, she answered: “Si Gerald, he’s such a gentleman. Si JM, sakto lang but he’s such a generous actor kahit walang camera sa kanya nagbibigay talaga siya.”
Watch her interview here:
Landing a lead role was not the only dream Yam fulfilled with the sexy drama.
In a 2012 interview still with Boy Abunda, Yam, still a newcomer at the time, said she wanted her leading man to be Gerald Anderson.
“I think he’s really talented and he’s very good-looking,” she explained.
- Jeric Raval reacts to daughter’s sexy get-up in carwash vlog
- Girlfriend reveal? Fans gush after Dominic Roque shares back hug photo with Bea Alonzo
- SB19’s Stell to collaborate with Here’s Your Perfect singer Jamie Miller?
- Julia Barretto back on YouTube after getting Gold Play Button
- SB19 shows artistic growth, love for fans in Pagsibol EP
- RK Bagatsing says Jane Oineza is ‘everything I need’