Veteran actress Coney Reyes, 67, has already received her first shot of the COVID-19 vaccine on Saturday.
In a tweet on the same day, Pasig City Mayor Vico Sotto shared a photo of his mom, saying she was the 6,318th senior citizen to be vaccinated against the virus after going through the city’s “first-to-update-first-served” policy.
Coney, meanwhile, uploaded via an Instagram story a photo of her holding up the sign that read “I got vaccinated!”
Mayor Vico earlier announced that there is no such thing as “palakasan” or special treatment in getting inoculated, noting that even his mom has to wait for her turn due to the “strict implementation” of the city’s vaccination program protocols.
“Strictly, no walk-in. Pinipilit natin na maging maayos yung sistema. Kung nagkukumpulan tayo, baka doon pa magkahawahan,” he said in a Facebook Live on Monday.
“Nanay ko nga mismo, hindi pa nababakunahan. 67 years old na nanay ko and may comorbidities din po siya. Pero walang palakasan, dumaan po sa tamang proseso, na-fill up siya ng form,” he added.
As of Saturday, 24,000 residents, including more than 6,000 senior citizens, have been vaccinated in Pasig City.
- Ping Medina begs for cash assistance in birthday post
- Helen Gamboa in tears after hearing Tito Sotto’s love song for her
- Andi Eigenmann and Philmar Alipayo’s daughter Lilo turns two
- Bea Alonzo shares first Instagram photo with Dominic Roque
- Kristine Hermosa flexes Oyo Sotto doing household chores
- Kim Molina, Jerald Napoles mark 7th anniversary with sweet underwater photos