Liza Soberano is taking on an important role as Save the Children’s newest ambassador.
The independent children’s organization in the Philippines made the announcement through a video.
In the video, the actress said she has been a silent supporter of the organization since 2016, when she started sponsoring kids in Uganda.
As an ambassador, the 23-year-old said she’s looking forward to doing a lot of field work with the Philippine team of the organization.
“There’s nothing more grounding and heartwarming than seeing the look on people’s faces when you give them just the simplest of assistance — maybe financial or just showing them that you’re physically and mentally there to support them,” she explained.
On Friday, Liza shared how it “still feels so unreal to be an ambassador” of the organization.
“I can’t wait to make a difference! In the last 40 years, your support has enabled @SavetheChildrenPH to ensure that children, learn, survive, and are protected,” she said.
Joining Liza as the ambassador of Save the Children are Ria Atayde, Katarina Rodriguez and Xia Vigor.
- Erin Ocampo gushes over Nigerian cager boyfriend
- WATCH: Julia Montes gives a sneak peek of her training for Ang Probinsyano
- LOOK: Kathryn Bernardo shares progress of future home
- Kristine Hermosa gives birth to baby No. 5 with Oyo Sotto
- Netizens have hilarious reactions after Carlo Paalam’s foe ‘walks out’ of boxing ring
- Sharon Cuneta: ‘Going through so much, please pray for me’