“Nothing is impossible.”
This was the reaction of Catriona hitmaker Matthaios after being featured in a Disney song inspired by the animated film Raya and The Last Dragon.
Disney on Wednesday released the official music video for the track Trust Again starring Matthaios and fellow Southeast Asian artists Raisa (Indonesia), Yonnyboii (Malaysia) and SPRITE (Thailand).
On social media, Mathaios expressed his gratitude for being part of the musical collaboration.
“Whew. Never in a million years did I think that I would actually be part of an original song for a @disney animation. Of course, the idea of it crossed my mind A LOT of times, but I just scrubbed it off because I thought that it was impossible,” wrote Matthaios in an Instagram post.
The 21-year-old artist revealed that after becoming the most-streamed Pinoy hip-hop artist on Spotify, his goal was to make it to the international scene this year.
“And, ooh wee, Papa G really made that happen fast. It’s not just any international project, it’s a DISNEY project. Just like what Walt Disney said, ‘First, think. Second, dream. Third, believe. And finally, dare,'” noted Matthaios.
The music collaboration came a month after Asia’s Soul Supreme KZ Tandingan recorded Gabay, the first Disney theme song written and sung in Filipino, early in March.
- Ji Chang-wook’s upcoming drama halts filming after actor tests positive for COVID-19
- Hidilyn Diaz armed with Miraculous Medal for her golden ‘lift of faith’
- Jinkee Pacquiao apologizes for mistaking another country’s flag as Philippine flag
- Marcelito Pomoy asks netizens for help over hacked YouTube channel
- First Filipino Olympic gold medalist Hidilyn Diaz plans to release book
- Chito and Neri Miranda’s cryptic messages worry fans