It’s “politics meets showbiz” at the upcoming grand wedding of Kapamilya stars Richard Gutierrez and Sarah Lahbati.
President Duterte leads the high-profile list of principal sponsors that also includes two of the country’s former Presidents, STAR entertainment editor Ricky Lo revealed in his Funfare column today.
“It will be the showbiz event of the year…oops!…of the decade. The wedding of Richard Gutierrez and Sarah Lahbati will surely make history for having not just one but three Philippine presidents among the 25 pairs of Principal Sponsors — incumbent Pres. DU30, and former Presidents Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo and Joseph ‘Erap’ Estrada,” wrote Lo.
ABS-CBN top executives led by network’s president and CEO Carlo Katigbak are also among the wedding sponsors of the Kapamilya stars, who have been engaged since 2017. President Duterte crossing paths with the ABS-CBN bosses at the nuptials is expected to be watched closely amid recent developments related to the media giant’s franchise renewal.
On Monday, Katigbak issued a public apology to the president while explaining why the network failed to air his political campaign ads during the 2016 national elections, but ran instead a controversial anti-Duterte commercial paid for by ex-senator Antonio Trillanes IV. On Wednesday, Duterte accepted the apology and said he won’t interfere in the franchise issue. (READ: President Duterte accepts ABS-CBN apology.)
Meanwhile, other ninongs in the Richard-Sarah wedding are Senate President Tito Sotto, Sen. Cynthia Villar, Sen. Bato dela Rosa and Sen. Manny Pacquiao, as well as the chairman and CEO of the couple’s former home network, Atty. Felipe Gozon.
“The wedding will be solemnized in the afternoon of March 14, Saturday, at a five-star hotel (exact address withheld for security reasons),” Lo added.
Here is the full list of principal sponsors, a veritable who’s who in politics and the entertainment industry, as printed in the STAR.
• President Rodrigo Roa Duterte and Former President Ma. Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo;
• Senate President Vicente C. Sotto III and Mrs. Helen Gamboa Sotto;
• Secretary Narciso Santiago, Jr. and Senator Cynthia Villar;
• Secretary Salvador S. Panelo and Ma. Rosario Santos Concio;
• Senator Emmanuel D. Pacquiao & Mrs. Jinkee J. Pacquiao;
• Senator Ronald “Bato” dela Rosa and Mrs. Mariquita S. Yeung;
• Congressman Ferdinand Martin G. Romualdez and Congresswoman Yedda Marie K. Romualdez;
• Congressman Jesus “Bong” C. Suntay and Mrs. Sheila G. Suntay;
• Mayor Richard I. Gomez, DPA and Congresswoman Lucy T. Gomez;
• Mayor Luis “Chavit” Singson and Mrs. Sharon Cuneta Pangilinan;
• Former President Joseph E. Estrada and Mrs. Lily Yu Monteverde;
• Mr. Carlo Lopez Katigbak and Mayor Arlene B. Arcillas;
• Mr. Mark Lagdameo Lopez and Mrs. Marissa E. Laude;
• Atty. Felipe L. Gozon and Mrs. Teresa M. Gozon;
• Mr. Vicente del Rosario, Jr. and Ms. Maria Lourdes “Malou” N. Santos;
• Mrs. Carlos S. Gonzalez and Mrs. Nenita R. Licaros;
• Mr. Kevin Andrew L. Tan and Ms. Lovelyn M. Nuevo;
• Dr. Z’Shen “Z” Teo and Dra. Aivee Aguilar Teo;
• Mr. Julio A. Ledesma IV and Mrs. Maria Assunta Ledesma;
• Mr. Ben L. Chan and Ms. Cory V. Vidanes;
• Mr. Jaime G. Baltazar and Mrs. Mary Ann B. Opeña;
• Mr. Rajiv Chandiramani and Ms. Alice G. Eduardo;
• Mr. Peter G. Coyiuto and Ms. Clavel B. Bendaña;
• Mr. Dominic Zapanta and Ms. Cathy O. Valencia; and
• Mr. Felipe A. Cruz, Jr. and Mrs. Ching C. Cruz.