The viewership numbers are in for John Lloyd Cruz’s TV comeback via GMA show Wowowin’s 6.6 Shopee Super Mega Fiesta TV special last Sunday, June 6.
According to overnight data from AGB Nielsen Philippines, the actor’s guesting got a high rating of 32.8% audience share in Nationwide Urban TV Audience Measurement (NUTAM).
The appearance marked John Lloyd’s return to the screen, roughly four years after taking a showbiz hiatus in 2017. He did his own rendition of 70’s hit Yakap, in the show hosted by Willie Revillame.
Fans and netizens expressed their excitement over John Lloyd’s TV comeback, making the actor land on Twitter’s trending topics on Sunday.
“Nagpapasalamat sa’yo, nandito ako, excited to be back… Nandito ako dahil sa’yo so thank you, thank you,” a teary-eyed John Lloyd told Willie when asked how he feels about his return to TV.
Willie, meanwhile, responded, “Lloydie, ‘yung sumuporta sa ‘yo na sambayanang Pilipino, I think sila ang dapat mong pasalamatan kaya ka nandito. Nadidinig ko, nararamdaman ko ang pagmamahal sa’yo ng tao, Welcome back sa industriya kung saan ka nagsimula, at alam ko dito tayo magtatapos din. Welcome back, John Lloyd Cruz!”
The two are set to star in an upcoming sitcom on GMA.
“Abangan ninyo ho. Abangan niyo. Magsasama kami ni Lloydie, magbibigay ng saya sa inyo sa primetime show. Abangan niyo po yan dito sa GMA7,” revealed Willie.
- Ivana Alawi reacts to ‘pangit mo,’ other mean comments
- McLisse goes on a beach trip to mark anniversary
- DJ Loonyo slams fake ‘toxic Filipino’ statement on Hidilyn Diaz’s Olympic win
- Julia Montes is Coco Martin’s new leading lady in FPJ’s Ang Probinsyano
- Hidilyn Diaz ready to settle down with coach boyfriend Julius Naranjo
- WATCH: Derek Ramsay gets his ‘revenge’ on Ellen Adarna