Miss Universe Philippines 2020 Rabiya Mateo has left for the USA Friday night to compete at the Miss Universe 2020 pageant in Florida on May 17.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the competition was postponed last year and moved to this 2021.
The country’s bet was accompanied by MUP creative director Jonas Gaffud and Team MUP.
According to pageant training camp Aces and Queens, Rabiya is hoping to bring home the fifth Miss Universe pageant after Gloria Diaz, Margie Moran, Pia Wurtzbach and Catriona Gray.
Aces and Queens has been recently serving pageant-ready looks of Rabiya.
In a previous Philippine Star report, Rabiya had said she would do everything to bring home fifth Miss Universe crown for the country.
“I would be the next Miss Universe,” said the 24-year-old licensed physical therapist and lecturer, who is also representing her hometown Iloilo in the prestigious pageant after 55 years.
The reigning Miss Universe is Zozibini Tunzi, touted as the first black woman from South Africa to win the title.
- Ji Chang-wook’s upcoming drama halts filming after actor tests positive for COVID-19
- Hidilyn Diaz armed with Miraculous Medal for her golden ‘lift of faith’
- Jinkee Pacquiao apologizes for mistaking another country’s flag as Philippine flag
- Marcelito Pomoy asks netizens for help over hacked YouTube channel
- First Filipino Olympic gold medalist Hidilyn Diaz plans to release book
- Chito and Neri Miranda’s cryptic messages worry fans