Kris Aquino recently had a heart-to-heart conversation with her son Bimby about his father, James Yap, and what made him “special”.
When the 14-year-old asked his mom about her thoughts when she married his dad back in 2005, Kris opened up that at the time she was in a place where she wanted to tie the knot already.
What impressed her with the basketball star was how he confronted an issue from his past. Before waiting for Kris to hear from it from other people or the media, she said James had already told her about it.
“What made your dad special was that, initially, he trusted me by telling me something that he didn’t have to tell me,” she said while refusing to give the full details on the topic.
The Queen of All Media spoke honestly when she said she thought her and James’ marriage would work out.
“I thought it could work. I honestly thought it could work. Not realizing na he was too young and we really came from two different worlds but I wanted it to work,” she said.
The PBA player is 11 years younger than Kris.
Nevertheless, for Kris, enough time has passed since their annulment back in 2012 that there are no more ill feelings towards James.
She affirmed her son that she is now grateful for her journey with James. “I now feel just so grateful. Without him there would be no you,” she told Bimby.
Today, the 50-year-old views her past relationship not as a glass half full, but a glass overflowing all thanks to Bimby.
Bimby celebrated his 14th birthday last April 19 and received a special message from James.
Along with an old father-and-son photo, James posted on Instagram: “HAPPY 14th Birthday Bimb. I Love you no matter what! Wishing you all the best that life can offer. God bless you ❤️❤️❤️.”
- Catriona Gray shares realizations as she reunites with family in Australia
- Lolit Solis recalls fond memories with Ricky Lo in emotional Instagram posts
- Angel Locsin says she’s slowly healing from ‘hard’ months
- Myrtle Sarrosa reveals she suffered from a chronic disease last year
- Miss Universe Canada Nova Stevens calls out Filipino pageant fans for ‘racist’ remarks
- WATCH: Andrea Brillantes unboxes 18th birthday gifts worth almost P1M